|PLAZARIUM MPS mobile plasma pyrolysis units intended for thermal degradation (pyrolysis) of carbonaceous waste to produce synthetic liquid fuel, carbonaceous residue and hydrocarbon gas, followed by rectification of liquid synthetic fuel into gasoline and diesel fractions, hydrocarbon gas and distillation residue into heavy hydrocarbon fraction, with further processing of heavy hydrocarbon fraction in plasma cracking unit to obtain a mixture of gasoline and diesel fractions and hydrocarbon gas.
Possible raw materials for processing are oil slimes, plastics, tires, biomass, and municipal solid waste; removal of organic contaminants from the surface of pipes and various metal structures.
PLAZARIUM MPS mobile plasma pyrolysis units can be used and integrated as an auxiliary unit for hybrid plant, together with plasma gasification unit for waste.
|Plasma pyrolysis unit consists of four separate or integrated units:|
- Pyrolysis unit;
- Fractionation unit with fractionating column;
- Plasma cracking unit;
- Fuel storage unit (liquid synthetic fuel, heavy hydrocarbon fraction, gasoline and diesel fraction).
Each unit is equipped with hydrocarbon gas exhaust system to the PLAZARIUM MGS plasma gasification unit and a system of carbonaceous residue exhaust from pyrolysis to the PLAZARIUM MGS plasma gasification unit; supporting systems equipment; independent digital and analog control automation and additional devices.
The mobility of plasma pyrolysis unit structure provides ease of transportation, minimum assembly work at the site, and the possibility of parameter settings adjustment (with minimal cost of unit adaptation to the conditions of a particular company – on the composition and volume of recyclable waste).
In addition to mobility, plasma pyrolysis unit offer modular design to improve performance, both of the entire process flow diagram, and individual units. This allows to combine different versions of flowsheet for processing a wide range of waste on the same fundamental base, represented by one to four 20/30/40-foot shipping containers (number of containers depends on the performance of plasma pyrolysis unit and its individual parts).
|Combustion chamber of pyrolysis and fractionation units is equipped with one or more versions of heating and temperature rising in the reactor:
- Oil burner - able to operate on any type of liquid fuel (diesel fuel, liquid synthetic fuel, oil, etc.).
- Electric heating elements - provide an opportunity to increase the rate of process stabilization facilitate the work process.
- Gas burner - able to run on natural gas, hydrocarbon gas produced during pyrolysis, fractionation and cracking, or synthesis gas coming from the plasma waste gasification unit.
|The main advantages of plasma waste pyrolysis unit with fractionation unit and heavy distillation residue plasma cracking unit:
- Easy unit and waste processing control system operation;
- Easiness and safety during installation and operation; no contact between unit personnel and waste;
- Ability to work in the open air and in a wide range of ambient temperatures (from - 60 ° C to + 50 ° C) as well as at high humidity (environment settings defined by the terms of reference for the development of waste processing pyrolysis unit);
- Use of synthesis gas (СО + Н2) from plasma gasification unit to maintain the temperature in fractionation reactor offers the advantage of heating process, process stabilization, and temperature maintenance cost reduction, as well as absolute ecology of the process and increased volume of the fuel produced;
- Total environmental friendliness of waste processing: all pyrolysis residues are used as raw materials for PLAZARIUM MGS plasma gasification unit;
- Production of liquid synthetic fuel at the exhaust from the pyrolysis unit with subsequent fractionation and obtaining of gasoline and diesel fractions in the fractionation unit;
- Complete processing of heavy fractions residue into gasoline and diesel fuel in plasma cracking unit delivers process from heavy residue and provides a significant increase in the amount of produced fuel (petrol and diesel fractions);
- Ability to operate directly in the place of waste collection and accumulation;
- Maximum allowable emission corresponds to GOST SanPiN 184.108.40.206.1.567-96 and regulations of the EU Directive.
- In case of plant’s hybrid design consisting of combination of two units (PLAZARIUM MPS plasma pyrolysis unit and PLAZARIUM MGS plasma gasification unit), atmospheric emissions are completely absent.
- In case of plant’s hybrid design consisting of combination of two units (MPS plasma pyrolysis unit and PLAZARIUM MGS plasma gasification unit), the ability to produce electricity, heat and fuel allows operating in fuel- and energy-independent mode.